Well, have you been wanting to know the current NYSC Director-General?. However, if that’s the case, this very article entails a brief profile of the NYSC Director-General.
The current Director-General National Youth Service Corps-NYSC is Nigeria Army Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, DSS, Ph.D. A position he assumed as in May 2019 and up to date. Meanwhile, from the record, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim is the 18th Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps.
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim came from Nasarawa LGA, in Nasarawa State Nigeria. Moreover, his academic careers started at the University of Jos. Where is bagged a four years course degree in History(B.A) -1984-1989. Although, this was after he finished his primary and secondary school.
Well, after his Bachelor degree in History. He went further to bag his Master Degree also in History- from 1991-1992. At the University of Jos. With his curiosity and taste of knowledge, he went more further to obtain his Ph.D. in History at the University of Abuja- from 2002 to 2007. At the Tai Solarin University of Education, where he finished his Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim joined the Nigeria Army in 1994. However, his pursuit of knowledge was in line with the Nigeria Army. Hence, he was posted to the IAE-Institute of Army Education. There worked as a Research Officer, and as a research officer, he researches and wrote journals for the Nigeria Army. This elaborated his in-depth knowledge as regards the Nigeria Army. Although, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim attended some courses as an Officer. These courses include:
- Nigeria Army Education Corps(NAEC) Young Officers Course 1994
- Infantry Young Officers Course 1996
- Training Development Advisers Course(TDA) 2004
- NAEC Officers Executive Management Course 2013
Meanwhile, he had worked as a military assistant to the then Director General NYSC. Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim isn’t just and Officer rather also a tutor. He was posted to the Nigeria Defense Academy-NDA-From 2000 to 2004. There, he lectured the Year 1 and Year 2 cadets. Moreover, he also returned to the Nigeria Defense Academy-NDA-From 2015-2018, where he served as the History and War Studies Head of Department- HOD.
However, being a married man with children, he could still achieve more in his career pursuit, with more ahead. Well, he loves watching Football and reading current affairs.
His Awards include:(progressively)
- Chief of Army Staff Award as the overall best participant for the 2013 NAEC Executive Management Course.
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Public Services/Fellowship FCAI by Institute of Corporate Administration.
- Nigerian Institute for Public Relations (NIPR) Special Recognition Award (2014).
- Professional National Award (Historical Society of Nigeria HSN)
- Assessed for promotion from Senior Lecturer to Associate Professor at Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna 2017/2018.
- COAS Commendation Letter 2018.
Director-General of NYSC
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim got his appointment approved by the Nigeria Chief of Army Staff, Lt General TY Buratai, on the 26th of April 2019. He took over the position as the Director-General of NYSC from Major General Suleiman. He had been the Director-General of NYSC since April 18, 2016, before he handed over.
That a bit summary of the current NYSC DIRECTOR GENERAL.